Where can I enjoy Zipline Tours?
Fly above the tree tops or through a thick forest canopy while your feet dangle below you. A great activity for families or groups of friends, you’ll never experience anything quite like zip lining. There are two nearby outfitters, one based along the Gallatin River Canyon, and the other at the resort.
Yellowstone Zipline and Canopy Tours
Offers up to six unique zip lines tours, through the trees and over the Gallatin River.
- Open May through September
- Rates: $60-$88 (depending on the number of zips)
- Rafting, Horseback Riding, and Fishing Packages also available
- Call to make a reservation: 800-799-4465
Big Sky Resort
Right at the base of Big Sky Resort, you can take your pick of 3 different zips … even during the winter season!
- Open Summer and Winter
- Rates: $68-$88
- Call to make a reservation: 406-995-5769
Where can I enjoy a Scenic Chairlift Ride?
Big Sky Scenic Lift
The Big Sky Scenic Lift begins in Big Sky's Mountain Village. The ride begins at an elevation of 7,500 feet and rises to 8,800 feet at the top of Andesite Mountain. Enjoy a nice hiking trail loop at the top and ride the lift back down. Or hike all the way back down. Open June 6 through October 11 (10:30 am - 3:30 pm).
- Adults: $18
- Juniors (11-17): $14
- Children (10 and under): FREE
- Lone Peak Expedition (includes a jeep excursion and tram ride to the top of Lone Peak): $88